Having regular maintenance scheduled for your HVAC system saves money in the long run.
It is the responsibility of property managers to provide an efficient HVAC system for the buildings. They have to resolve the tenant complaints related to the system and take up the repair work. Sometimes the costs of repair may be exorbitant. In order to save money it may be more sensible to follow the regular maintenance schedules than to deal with a sudden breakdown. Here is a list some of the repairs that prove to be the most expensive.
Cooling Tower Repair
The chilled water systems consist of cooling towers, pumps and chillers. They are very popular because they are relatively inexpensive for cooling commercial buildings. Actually, the cooling towers are one of the most cheap HVAC systems used for cooling.
There are two kinds of chilled water systems. Air is the main agent used in the air cooled chilled water systems. Water is used for this purpose in the water cooled systems. Their components like the condenser water pump unit, the cooling tower and the chiller have to be serviced regularly for optimum performance.
The condenser water pump unit is a mechanical component which uses mechanical force to move condensed water. It is prone to fail if not maintained properly. Chillers use absorption refrigeration or vapor compression to remove heat from the liquids. The cooled liquid flows in the entire building through pipes and coils.
A chilled water system is made up of complex parts which have to work together for optimum performance and require regular maintenance. It is very expensive to repair cooling towers, condenser water pumps and chillers.
It is very advantageous to service the boiler at regular intervals. Some of the benefits include:
- A well maintained boiler is energy efficient and helps to reduce the electricity bills.
- A boiler which is serviced regularly is safe. Life threatening poisonous gases like carbon monoxide do not leak from the boiler.
- It saves the enormous expenditure on buying and replacing the components like condensers.
- It helps to avoid the inconvenience of using a malfunctioning and inefficient boiler.
Air Conditioning Duct Repair
If the vents and ducts in the air conditioning systems are not cleaned regularly they become clogged. The harmful impact of this is as follows:
- It affects the quality of the interior air which is filled with airborne particles, fungi and bacteria.
- The particles in the air damage the air conditioning system. It is very expensive to repair it.
- The tenants may leave the building due to the poor quality of air and thereby cause a loss to the owner of the building.
- Poor air quality is a fire hazard when the dryer vents are filled with debris and dust.
- Clogged ducts and vents reduce the energy efficiency and shorten the lifespan of the air conditioning systems.
Regular maintenance and cleaning of the ducts and vents can help to avoid all these problems.
Air Conditioning Repair St. Louis
At Hely Heating & Air Conditioning, we have the skills and tools needed to cover everything from a new installation to yearly maintenance and repair work, large and small. Call us today at (636) 305-9555 or fill out our online contact form to schedule an appointment.